Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Incredibles

I just have to say first that they did NOT run the Episode III trailer before hand, and I seriously considered walking out and getting a refund, then coming back tomorrow. I'm glad I stayed for the movie, but at the same time the same movie would have been there tomorrow, possibly plus Episode III. Anyway...
This movie really does hold pretty much everything I could ask for from an animated movie that doesn't involve Miazaki. One, it's been put together by Pixar, lords among animators, and really the seminal computer animation team. Two, it's directed by Brad Bird, the man responsible for The Iron Giant, which is quite easily among my favorite movies of all time, has been there for a while, and is expected to stay there for quite a while more. There is something about Brad Bird's films (all two of them) that has left me able to admit the flaws of the product, but at the same time feeling like I just watched something that's involved so much love and care, that you know you're seeing something special. Aswell, it certainly helps that he has a firm grasp of character and the little things that make them special.
Quite certainly worth your money, even at a first-run theatre. Definetly one to bring your date too.

Total: 131

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home