Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Collateral

I love movies. I especially love watching movies in the theatre. Somethign about the experience of paying money to put up with anoying employees (yes, I know where the theatre is. I knew where they were when I came in four days ago, I knew where they were when I came in last week, I know where they are still), dumb advertisments and trivia slides (which have managed to get more irritating jsut within the last month with a shorter rotation cycle, sync'd music, and the inclusion of C2 commercials, meaning you hear the same three songs, see the same two trivia sides, and watch the same commercial, with the same four advertisments at least twice apiece if you arrive with any time before the movie starts), a painful seat, and no pause button makes movies more enjoyable for me. I'm probably crazy.
I really enjoyed watching this movie. I was torn between this and purpously subjecting myself to pain with Resident Evil: Apocalypse or watching this which I've had on good report is an excellent film. Which it is. I really enjoyed watching it. I found myself looking forward to what was going to happen, how it was going to end. It's actualyl kinda rare for me to be feelign that through a movie. I generally know how most movies are going to fall together before hand, largly just as a function of having seen so many movies. I'm not sayinf I was surprised by the ending, as it's not meant to be a surprise, and there was the general knowledge of "yah, they'll survive" just because it's that kind of movie, but I found myself looking forward to how they would get there.
I do share the sentiments of many people in trying to figure out when Jamie Foxx woke up and decided to learn how to act. I am far from disappointed, but it is surprising that this is the same guy who brought us Booty Call with a character named "Bunz".

Total: 129

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home