Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Serpico

I had written a somewhat lengthy discourse about the staying power of movies and inter movie references while I was watching this. Then when I was done the movie I went and did some research in a tab. The site I wound up on opened so many different pop-ups that I decided it would be easier to just close all of Safari instead of closing each individual window. In doing so I entirely forgot about my discourse and lost it all.
So, I'll talk about something different.
I love the force of character displayed here. Not just Serpico's integrity, but Al Pacino's ability to convey the "I just want to do my job" attitude at the heart of it. The central point of this characteristic, I see, comes out from the line "if they took all that energy and directed it into real police work, this city would be clean; there would be no more crime."

Total: 100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home