Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Shrek 2

I had the fortune of working at a movie theatre while the first movie was out. This enabled me to watch the original a number of times on the big screen. Since then I've seen the original a half dozen times or so on DVD. Needles to say, I am a fan of the original, and I was not disappointed by the sequel. There's always something to say about a film that is able to engage both the adult and the child on separate and sympathetic levels. Of course, having an engaging story, lovable characters, and great internal chemistry also help make a movie great. These are the qualities that Shrek had, making it, rightfully, one of the best movies of 2001. Shrek 2 manages to hold on to the majority of these qualities becoming a very worthy sequel. One of the things I found interesting was how the film makers spent virtually no time re-establishing character identities. I guess when your first movie was the biggest draw of the year that's a luxury you can afford. Because it is such a great movie, I'm not going to cover any particulars of the jokes and just leave it that you should all go see it yourselves, though I will say this: I want my own giant gingerbread man.

Total: 99

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home