Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Mean Girls

We've been intending on seeing this movie for several months now. I'm glad that we were finally able to, because it's pretty funny. While not some high pinnacle of film-making, it stands a good bit above the rest of the teen-genre with a sharp script, jokes that are actually funny without involving bodily fluids, and a good cast. The pace for the movie is set pretty early when Ms. Norbury (Tina Fey) spills coffee on her front, starts taking her sweater off, pulling her shirt up as well, right as the principle, Mr. Duvall (Tim Meadows), walks in. He makes a comment and she just says to Cady (Lohan) "My t-shirt is stuck to my sweater isn't it?" The conversation follows.
"So, how was your summer?"
"I got divorced."
"My carpel tunnel came back."
"I win."
"Yes, yes you do. If there's anything that you ever need help with..."
"Could you ask me again at a time when my shirt isn't see-through?"

Add on top of the dialogue the fact that they actually had the audacity to hit a character with a bus.

Total: 86

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That doesn't really give away anything.

-Bren

August 4, 2004 at 9:46 PM  
Blogger Sadia said...

It was twice. The second time the bus was a joke. This movie was bad. There is no such thing as the "perfect eden of highschools". The ending was sickingly false and I expected it all to be just one big joke. It wasn't. And it also wasnt funny. However to also defend the movie...no ive got nothing. It was all-around bad. The characters were some-what real at the beginning, but near the end when all the gals piled into the gym to confront their problems....well that just took it a bit too far. I do not mean to sound like a jerk.

August 30, 2004 at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home